bhajarE raghuvIraM zaraShow Details
bharita dazaratha kumAraM
|Engage in collective singing of names of Lord Sri Raghuvira - who has abundant arrows - and the Son of King Dasaratha. |
1. nIvu dur-Asala rOsi paraShow Details
nindanalanellanu bAsi (bhajarE)
prapaJca sukhamu visamanucu (bhajarE)
3. anniyu panikodigenA iTu
aTu tirigina telisenA (bhajarE)
4. vEru panulaku pOka gOmukha
vyAghramu candamu kAka (bhajarE)
5. tappu taNTalanu mAni bhava
taraNamunanu madi pUni (bhajarE)
7. bhakti mArgamunu telisi nija
bhAgavatula jata kalasi (bhajarE)
8. mAyA rahituni kolici nI
manasuna rAmuni talaci (bhajarE)
kAryamulanu sAdhiJci (bhajarE)
10. rAjAdhipugA velasi tyAga-
rAja varaduDani telisi (bhajarE)
|1. Abhorring evilsome desires and leaving all acts of speaking ill of others, You engage in collective singing of names of Lord Sri Raghuvira. |
2. Subdue the five organs of perception – organs of speech, sight, smell, touch and hearing - and considering that the pleasures of the Universe to be indeed a poison, engage in collective singing of names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
3. Is each and everything helpful in one’s tasks? even after wandering here and there, has this been understood? therefore, engage in collective singing of names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
4. Do not indulge in other jobs and do not become (deceitful) like the cow-faced tiger; engage in collective singing of the names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
5. Desisting from commissions and omissions and resolving in mind that the aim is to cross over the ocean of Worldy Existence, engage in collective singing of the names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
6. Surrendering all (the results of) actions to Lord Hari and taking pride in performing good actions, engage in collective singing of the names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
7. Knowing the path of devotion and joining the troupe of true great devotees, engage in collective singing of the names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
8. Worshipping the Lord who is beyond illusion and thinking of Lord Sri Rama in Your mind, engage in collective singing of names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
9. Despising kAma etc. and accomplishing Your tasks, engage in collective singing of names of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
10. Realising that the Lord who shone as the Lord of Kings is the benefactor of this Thyagaraja, engage in collective singing of Lord Sri Raghuvira.
- 1karmamu harikinosaGgi (surrendering results of all actions to Lord Hari) – In this regard, Srimad-Bhagavad-Gita, Chapter 9, verse 27 refers -
- “Whatever your action – Food or Worship, whatever the gift, that You give to another; Whatever you vow to the work of the spirit, lay these also as offerings before me.” (Translation by Swami Swarupananda)
- General – The order of caraNas is not same in all books.
- General - The thrust of this Charana 3 is not very clear and more than one interpretation is possible.
- 2kAmAdula - kAma, krOdha, lObha, mOha, mada, mAtsarya