E vidhamulanaina kAni nann-Show Details
1Elukona manasu rAdA rAma
|O Lord Sri Rama! Won’t You condescend to govern me by any means whatsoever? |
bhAviJci jUcupaTla nIvEShow Details
brOva valenu kAni vErevvaru (E)
|With regard to my own feelings, You alone should protect me; otherwise, who else is there? |
1. pAvana rUpa parAtpara 2nI pAdaShow Details
sEvanu 3kOritiyI bhU-surulanu
nI vale karuNA nidhiyai brOcina
dEvatalevarurA rAma (E)
2. dIna dayApara mUrtivi nIvani
nE nera nammitirA adi gAkanu
dAnava garva vidAraNa nEnu
sadA ninu vEDitirA rAma (E)
3. 4sAkSAtkAramu nIvE nIdu
kaTAkSamu lEkayevaru bratikiri jagat-
sAkSiyaina 5jIvanaja daLAyat-
AkSa tyAgarAja pakSa ipu(DE)
|1.O Lord of Holy form! O Supreme Lord Beyond everything! I desired service at Your Holy feet; O Lord Sri Rama! Which are the other Gods who protected these Brahmanas, like You, being Ocean of Mercy? |
2. I believed totally that You are the Lord who is most merciful towards the humble; further, O Lord Sri Rama - destroyer of arrogance of demons! I always entreated You.
3. You alone are the Lord manifest in this World; who ever survived without Your grace? O Lord with elongated eyes like the petal of Lotus - born of water - who is the witness of the Universe! O Lord who is on the side of this Thyagaraja! Won’t You condescend to govern me now by any means whatsoever?
- 1Elukona manasu rAdA –ElukO manasu rAdA : Elukona manasu rAdA - is the appropriate version.
- 2nI pAda – nI pada
- 3kOritiyI – kOritiyE - kOritira : kOritiyI - seems to be more appropriate.
- 4sAkSAtkAramu – sAkSAtkAramuna
- 5jIvanaja – jIvana - also means ‘water’ – life giver; therefore 'jIvanaja’ means Lotus – water born.