Emani nera nammukondumu
Emani nera nammukondumu kRSNAShow Details
|How shall we trust You totally, O Krishna? |
Why such an argument over it?
jalakamADu vELa valuvalu1 dAci mamShow Details
malayimpaga lEdA kRSNA (Emani)
|Did You not hide our clothes while bathing,|
and make us run around (in search), O Krishna?
muditala rammani tilakamuliDiShow Details
paNTa mOvi nokka lEdA kRSNA (Emani)
|Inviting the damsels and having adorned them with tilaka, |
did You also not squeeze their lips with Your teeth, O Krishna?
munu nIvu vennanAragiJci2Show Details
taruNala mOmuna pUsi pOlEdA3 kRSNA (Emani)
|Earlier, having partaken butter, O Krishna,|
did You not smear it on the faces of the damsels?
vadinegAri candamuna vacci pAvaDaShow Details
vadaliJci pOlEdA kRSNA (Emani)
|Having come in the guise of our sister-in-law, |
did You not loosen the skirts of damsels, O Krishna?
dorikitivani cADi ceppa pOtEShow Details
talli yuramunuNDa lEdA kRSNA (Emani)
|Catching you (red-handed), when we go to complain (to Your mother), |
were You not present there on her lap?
kAmiJci yajna patnulu4 vEDagaShow Details
vENu gAnamonarpa lEdA kRSNA (Emani)
|When the wives of Brahmins were passionately praying to You,|
were You not (heedlessly) playing the flute, O Krishna?
A nADu poGgali nIkiDi konnALLuShow Details
vAnanuNDa lEdA5 kRSNA (Emani)
|That day, because the Pongal was offered to You (instead of Indra), |
did it not rain incessantly for some days (flooding Gokula)?
dharanu tyAgarAja vinutuni palukuluShow Details
tappi pOvana lEdA kRSNA (Emani)
|Did You not declare that, in this World, |
Your (one praised by Thyagaraja) words would not become false?
- General – In some books ‘kRSNA’ is not found at the end of each Charana.
- 3pUsi pOlEdA – pUya lEdA
- 1valuvalu dAci - Stealing of clothes – Srimad Bhagavatam – 10.22 refers.
- 2venna - Eating butter – Srimad Bhagavatam – 10. 8 refers
- 4yajna patnulu - wives of brAhmaNas – Srimad Bhagavatam – 10.23 refers
- 5vAna - Incessant Rains – Srimad Bhagavatam – 10. 24 and 10.25 refer.
- For translated version of complete Srimad Bhagavatam, – [Bhagavatam]
- This kriti is part of the dance-drama ‘nauka caritraM’ - The Boat Story.
- Background - The Gopis meet Krishna at the Yamuna river and contemplate travel in a boat. Krishna says that it is not within the capacity of the women to steer boat and says he will do the job; however, the Gopis do not believe Him and think that He is upto some trick. While pallavi is sung by all Gopis, each chrana is sung by one Gopi.
|Nauka Charitram (Drama) of Tyagaraja|