E nomu nochitimo
E nOmu nOcitimO celulu1Show Details
|What vows did we observe, friends, |
what charity did we perform!
zrInAthu koluvamare celulu2Show Details
cekkiLLu-nottucunu3 mAnaka mOvAnucu
candrAnanu hRdayamuna-nuJca4 (yE nOmu)
|Krishna is amongst us, friends! |
So as to press his cheeks,and then, kiss him on the lips,
and seat the moon-faced one in our hearts, (what vows...?)
strI ratnamulu5 manamu celuluShow Details
zrI miJcu yauvanamu
vArija lOcanuDu celula pAlAye gadavamma
yaduvIruni kanulAra jUDa (nE nOmu)
|We are the jewels among women, friends,|
with youth surpassing that of Lakshmi!
Hasn’t the lotus-eyed one become ours?
Our desires have been fulfilled;
So as to behold the hero of Yadavas to our hearts’ content (what vows...?)
baGgAru sommulanu celulu bAguga peTTukoniShow Details
zRGgArAmbaramulanu celulu celuvonda kaTTukoni
zubhAGguniki-nosaGga mana-(mE nOmu)
|Adorning ourselves well, friends, with golden ornaments,|
lovingly draping charming dresses, friends,
so as to offer our bodies together
to the Auspicious-bodied Lord, (what vows...?)
poGgAru yI-nadilO celulu pondugA gumi-kUDiShow Details
maGgaLAkArunitO celulu manasAra kUDitimi
mana ceGgaTanu8 celaGgaga mana-(mE nOmu)
|Assembling, friends, joyfully at this full-flowing river, |
we united with the Lord of Auspicious form to our hearts’ content;
For Ranganatha to be shining
amidst us rapturously (what vows...?)
vAgIzAdyamarulaku celulu varNimpa taramaunEShow Details
tyAgarAjAptunitO celulu bhOgamu-landucunu
bAguga tami rEgaganu
naya rAgamulIlAgu pADa (yE nOmu)
|Is it possible for even Brahma and other gods to describe this?|
While enjoying with Thyagaraja's friend,
to sing melodious tunes in this way
such that our passion is further kindled (what vows...?)
- 1celulu E dAna – celulamE dAna : celulu E dAna - is appropriate.
- 2celulu cekkiLLu – celula cekkiLLu : celulu cekkiLLu - is appropriate.
- 3cekkiLLunottucunu – cekkiLLu nokkucunu : cekkiLLunottucunu - is appropriate.
- 4hRdayamunanuJca – hRdayAnanuJca
- 5strI ratnamulu - zrI ratnamulu : strI ratnamulu - is appropriate
- 6kOrikalIDErenu – kOrikalIDEranu
- 7saGgatigAnaGgamulu - saGgatigAnaGgamunu
- 8ceGgaTanu – ceGgaTlanu
- This kriti forms part of dance drama Nauka Charitram - 'The Boat Story' - Background – The Gopis meet Krishna at the Yamuna river and contemplate of travel in a boat. Krishna says that it is not within the capacity of the women to steer boat and says he will do the job; however, the Gopis do not believe Him and think that He is upto some trick. After Lord convinces them, they all travel in the boat. Krishna sports with each of the Gopi individually (taking so many forms). In this Kriti, Gopis are wondering as to what religious austerities did they perform in order to enjoy like this with the Lord.
|Nauka Charitram (Drama) of Tyagaraja|